Monday, November 10, 2008

beached seals

I was in town for only one day, two nights. And I wasn't there for the sights. Not that La Jolla has much to offer in those respects; I imagine being one of the wealthiest communities of San Diego County would somehow downplay any need for tourism. The sole exception was made for the seals. It seems they were local celebrities. So much so that the town had built a viewing wharf along which one could ramble and chatter and ogle without needing to disturb the sun-bathing pinnipeds. And so I paid my respects to the seals, musing (while inscribing their lassitude to digital eternity) that I might be seeing them again soon in the not-so-distant future.

CONSUMED: Children's Pool Beach; La Jolla, California

+++++++
I'm posting this San Diego-related post only so that I can mark my decision to move to San Diego/La Jolla for the next stage of my career. I'm stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment