Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Francis and the Lights (at the Bowery Ballroom)

When Francis came out and started to dance along to his music, I couldn't help but feel a bit awkward. Because he was awkward; his dancing was awkward; I felt awkward for him and his lack of communion with the crowd. But strangely, as the night went on, I stopped thinking about how weird the whole situation was and started thinking about how courageous he was to pull that off. And then soon, combined with his unbelievably catchy tunes (all of which felt somehow familiar, as if they were old friends whose names I had forgotten), I was willing him to dance more, to show me what other spirits he held inside. Not to mention that I was dancing too.

CONSUMED: The Bowery Ballroom; 6 Delancey St, Nolita (Manhattan)

No comments:

Post a Comment