Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Ear Inn

Purported to be one of the oldest (if not THE oldest) drinking establishments in Manhattan, I was brought to The Ear (Inn) several years ago by my friend Anne. And since then I have never regretted spreading the gospel and bringing others to this little pub (almost-)on the Hudson.

I can't really put my finger on why I love this place so much. It has something to do with crayons on paper tabletops. Or civil music levels that don't compete with your conversation. Or a decent but inexpensive kitchen. Or always being just more than slightly-tipsy when I leave. Or their cell-free zone sign on the door. Or lovely company all the many times I've been there.

What I do know with certainty is that I'm always looking for another excuse to go back.

CONSUMED: The Ear Inn; 326 Spring St, SoHo (Manhattan)

No comments:

Post a Comment