Thursday, October 2, 2008

bakery thriftshop

I've never been a fan of Twinkies. But I've definitely had my share of cravings for those Hostess Cupcakes. You know, the ones that come in packages of twos with the squiggle of white icing over the top. Luckily for me, my exposure to Hostess products came late in life, and so I don't have any childhood nostalgia waylaying my judgment when faced with these supposed "baked goods" at the corner store. Not to mention the nuclear winter jokes have done me well in warding off coercion by friends.

The same goes for Wonder bread. With its legendary shelf life and all but absent nutritional content, I've never found much use for the stuff.

So finding a storefront dedicated to both these brands was mildly disgusting to me. Perhaps more worrisome is the strange phrase on the bottom of the sign proclaiming "bakery thriftshop." This is just wrongness in so many ways.

CONSUMED: North Temple Drive, Salt Lake City, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment